Saturday, April 26, 2008

30 Years Orphan-Prologue


“My name is Ben, I have a secret. I don’t belong here, save me.”
* * *
“Ben, its me, Sarah. It has been week you are gone, where are you? Everyone is worried about you. Please at least give us a call. Love you, Sarah.”
Sarah put down the phone, “He’s never been like this before. Wonder what’s wrong with him?” “Maybe he just went for a trip or something. C’mon he’s old enough to take care of himself” answered David. Sarah spoke her words out with anger. “A trip!? Where would he go at this moment that made him so secret not to tell me !? I don’t know David, I’m scared. I have a bad feeling about this.” “Sarah, I think you are tired. Listen to me, go home, take a shower, and go to bed. Maybe, you’ll see him again tomorrow morning. What says you?” “But what if….” “Shh… I guess you are really tired. It’s late now, listen to me, ok?” “ (sigh) Maybe you are right. I think I’m going home then.”
* * *
The night wasn’t a good night for Sarah to sleep well. Ever since Ben’s disappearance, she was never able to sleep tight. Questions were all over her head. Where will her beloved Ben be? He never tried leaving house without telling Sarah, his beloved wife, why?
Was he in danger? Or did someone kidnapped him? These question kept floating in Sarah’s head. A week, this had made Sarah suffered, until the next morning…….
As usual, Sarah woke at 7a.m. The first thing she hoped to hear every morning for the pass seven days was that Ben’s “Morning, honey”. But this has never happened, even today. Sarah starting to felt disappointing and hopeless….. until she found something.
It was 7.05a.m., time for Sarah to ready up for her work. She changed into her usual working uniform and wanted to go to the dining room to have a breakfast. But when the door of her room was opened, there’s a recording tape lying on the floor in front of her. There’s an envelope beside the tape which was wriiten in blood, “To my beloved Sarah” on it. These words had made Sarah unable to move. After a few second of shocked, she quickly looked around to see who put these on that spot, who would be able to enter the house unless its…. Sarah’s thought stopped here, she quickly picked up the two items and opened the envelope. What she found was a piece of rotten paper that was written “listen to the tape”. These words were written in blood, fresh blood. Sarah felt weird for the writing but she didn’t care much. She quickly bring the recording tape that came along with the letter to the radio in the living room. Her heart was beating fast, what will she hear in the tape. Is it Ben telling her that all the way long it was just a joke to make her laugh? She quickly inserted the tape into the tape and pressed the button of an arrow pointing to the right. What she heard was this.
“Sarah, it’s me, Ben. Your beloving Ben Cooper……”
*Dreamer*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job,dreamer.Looking forward to another episode.

Kai said...

hmm... i was expecting zombie story.