Wednesday, April 30, 2008

30 Years Orphan--Recording#1 (continue)


I stood still in front of the mansion, looking at it, still can’t believe my eyes. ‘It’s must be a dream, this can’t be real, it’s burned down 30 years ago’, I kept on telling myself until there’s something that caught my sight. There’s a boy, a little boy. He’s hiding behind a branch, looking at me. Weird. That boy just kept looking at me until I realized him. I tried to approach towards him, but I just started my first step, he ran away.

‘Hey! Wait up!’ the boy ran straight towards the backyard of the mansion. He’s my only chance, so I raced up without any hesitation. When I reached to the backyard, it was a kids playground, just like 30 years ago. Everything here didn’t change, I can still remember clearly, the blue and pink see-saw which I hated it last time and the other kids paintings that were drawn all around the fence. Everything just…. Same.

The boy was standing there, back-facing me, looking at a paper that he was holding. According to his height ,I guessed he was a 5 or 6 years ago boy. ‘Hey, little boy. How did you get here?’. The boy turned back slowly. Under the ray of the moon, his face was shown clearly. He looked familiar but I can’t remember who he is. He has blonde hair just like mine, but he looked sad.

‘What’s wrong? You look sad. Is there anything?’, slowly he took up his head. I can see tears in his eyes. I slowly squad down, so that we can see each other better.
‘(sniffing) There’s something bad, very bad’
‘What is it?’, ‘I…I….’
‘It’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me. How did you get here?’
The boy gave me a weird looking face when he heard my question.
‘I live here, but I’m scared.’
‘Why?’
The boy hand over the paper that he was holding, it was a map.
‘You’ll need it, they are playing hide and seek, you can find them through this. But I only have the 1st floor. I got to get back in’.
I took the map and the boy ran away heading back into the mansion through the back door. ‘Hey! Who are they? What are you talking about? And what is your name!?’.
The boy stopped and answered me with his back facing me,
‘My name is Ben, Ben Cooper’. Then he ran straight into the mansion.

The boy is….. me. But how? And who are the ‘they’ he was talking about? I needed answers, so I followed the way the ‘other’ me went. I slowly turned the door knob and entered the door. The ‘Ben’ wasn’t there anymore. I’m in a kitchen. It was silent, I looked at the map the boy gave me. Suddenly, I saw a shadow passing by in front, fast, very fast. I ran to where it went but saw nothing.
*Dreamer*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo,Dreamer.
You created a successful suspense plot which leaves the readers hunger for more of your story.

Dreamer Grey said...

aligato

Prînçe said...

Write faster la.. nid to wait so long juz for the few minutes reading it.. haih..

Dreamer Grey said...

To prince:
wah sai! u thought i no need to think 1 meh

Prînçe said...

not think edi only write wan meh.. haiyo..